TB6615C Premium Electrode Cleaning＆Coating Agent
Threebond 6615C is a lead battery plate cleaning agent. While a lead battery is discharged and charged repeatedly, inactive lead surface accumulates on the battery plate (sulfation), and the electric capacity during discharging will significantly decrease. Adding Threebond 6615C can remove lead sulfate and restore the electric capacity and contributes to reduction of battery replacement cost.
Reference dose for each battery size
|Electric capacity||Number of cells||Dose/cell||Total dose|
|500Ah以上||Add the agent in quantity equal to “electric capacity ÷ 10”ml.|
- Remove sulfate：Removes lead sulfate accumulated by sulfation and restore the electric capacity
- Extend discharge time： Restoration of electric capacity extends the discharge time
- Coating：Attaching special polymer to a lead battery plate and coating it, keeping the inside of the battery clean and make it possible to use for a long time
Applications ･ Target battery
- Lead battery of forklift, electric car, AGV (automatic guided vehicle)
- Lead battery for cars and motorcycles
- Other lead battery (communication base station, heavy equipment etc.)
Mechanism of battery
- Dirt (lead sulfate) sticks to the electrode plate and deteriorates the performance of the battery. ※ Fig. 1
- The special polymer aligns (coats) around the electrode plate while decomposing dirt (lead sulfate) and prevents the recurrence of dirt. ※Figure 2
- Promotion of charge and discharge increases the discharge time and battery performance. Because the performance is maintained by the coating effect, it is also recommended for a new battery.
- Open all lid of battery cell with pliers etc.
- Injects every scale marked on the label (= one cell).
- Close the lid after injection.
- Prepare a used battery. (Battery used for about 2 years)
- Charge the battery. (Using Cellstar’s fully automatic charger)
- Discharge the battery until a battery voltage of 11.0V is indicated, and measure the discharge time at this point of time (check the voltage every 15 min). (Discharge time before adding)
- Open the battery cell top, and add one increment of Threebond 6615C to each cell.
- After charging the battery, measure the specific gravity of each cell.
- Measure the discharge time until a voltage of 11.0v is indicated. (Check every 15min.) (Discharge time after adding)
※The technical data given herein are an example of experimental values,and are not guaranteed values.
To inquire about other products, please click here.